Ultimate Aviation is a fixed and rotary wing operator dedicated to the support of humanitarion, scientific, mining support, oil and gas operations throughout Africa.
The company operates a fleet of over 15 and rotary and fixed wing aircraft in several countries across the African continent. Ultimate Aviation has achieved an outstanding safety and quality record providing passenger and cargo transportation services. We are looking for a full time quality manager based at our offices in Midrand, Johannesburg.
About the Position
The primary role of the quality manager will be to verify, by monitoring activity in the fields of flight operations, maintenance, crew training and ground operations, that the standards required by the South African Civil Aviation Authority, are being carried out under the supervision of the relevant postholder/s.
The ideal candidate will have to demonstrate a positive “can do” attitude with an ability to comprehensively manage the quality management department and report directly to the CEO / Accountable manager. Five years previous experience is a pre-requsite along with a deep understanding of aviation quality management systems. The person qualified will be based in Midrand, Johannesburg, but will be required to travel on a frequent basis to inspect various bases in Africa that we operate from.
The role of the Aviation Quality Manager.
1) Be responsible for establishing, documenting, developing and managing the Quality System and for ensuring that it continues to comply with regulatory requirements and to meet the needs of the business.
2) Ensure that all quality related policies and procedures detailed in the Operations, Quality and Company Exposition manuals are adhered to and carry out an ongoing review of the adequacy and effectiveness of Quality System procedures.
3) Maintain and keep current all Quality Audit and inspection records for review at any time by the Competent authority and other external bodies as appropriate.
4) Liaise with the Regulator as may be appropriate on matters related to,the quality system.
5) Establish procedures for dealing with non conformities, monitoring non conformity reports and taking corrective/preventive action in response to audit findings.
6) Notify the Accountable Manager and senior management when Management Review meetings are scheduled and present internal audit reports.
7) Review the Quality Systems of new subcontractors who impact the operation and organise audits of their quality assurance systems.
8 ) Monitor compliance with and adequacy of procedures to ensure airworthy aircraft at all times via an audit programme and that all maintenance is performed in accordance with Approved data.
9) Monitor all contracted maintenance for compliance with contract conditions relevant to airworthiness and that contracted organisations have the relevant Part 145 Approvals and facilities
10) Monitor the aircraft weighing programme for compliance with SA CAA regulations.
11) Monitor all certificate renewals, including renewal test flights, relevant to the certification and operation of each company aircraft.
12) Control of the use and application of the Company Minimum Equipment List insofar as it affects airworthiness.
13) Grant authorisation to individuals to certify the Certificate of Release to Service and special authorisations to issue Certificate of Maintenance Review and renewal recommendations for Certificates of Airworthiness.
14) Coordinate reports of unairworthy conditions.
15) Define the syllabus of training, in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager and the Engineering Training Manager.
16) Ensure the organisation holds all appropriate technical publications, specifications and drawings and that they are amended as required.
17) Establish a Materials Management Inspection section by the granting of Stores Inspection authority to suitable individuals.
18) Conduct all Airworthiness Technical Review meetings.
19) Coordinate all aspects of the Company Exposition / Quality Manual and the negotiation with the SA CAA of any changes required to the documents, or to the terms of approval granted by the Authority to the company.
20) Maintain the Company’s SA CAA approvals.
21) Ensure that all staff who carry out Quality Inspections and Quality audits are adequately trained.
22) Analyse all relevant data and circulate it within the company for information, with recommendations for improvement in quality standards as required.
23) Have overall responsibility for the control of quality records.
Ultimate HELI positively embraces the principles of the BBBEE Act and encourages the development of previously disadvantaged people in aviation. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals who meet the minimum requirements.
Applicants will go through 5 stage interview process with the final interviews taking place at our head office in Johannesburg.
To express your interest please e mail your CV with complete flying hours summary to email@example.com on or before 20th May 2017.
Documentation requirements for application:
CV stating career history
Aviation career history
Any other employment history
Expiry Date: 31 May 2017