Cessna 208 Aircraft Engineer (Field Engineer) – Immediate requirement
Date of posting 18 March 2019
Ultimate Aviation Group is an aviation company based at Waterfall, Midrand, specialising in cargo operations, passenger operations and charter logistics. We are looking for an individual to join our highly efficient and energetic team. SA CAA Licensed engineer with Cessna 208 and PT6A-114A engine on their license (Experience on PT6A-140 will be an added advantage).
Reporting to: Director of Maintenance
Location: This is a field position at one of the companies basis in Central or Sub Saharan
Africa. Rotation will be on a 6 week on duty and 6 week off duty basis.
Job Responsibilities: The work will involve –
- Supervision of the departure of the aircraft in the morning including compressor washes
- Supervision and cleaning of the aircraft after operation in the evening and rectification of any defects.
- Inspection of the aircraft in accordance with the approved maintenance program (To be carried out at our designated maintenance providers facility)
- Other duties as necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the aircraft.
Working hours: are expected to be 2-3 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the evening, seven days a week unless:
- The aircraft is on a phase or mini inspection.
- There are defects on the aircraft.
- Operational requirements require additional working.
- The engineer will be responsible for fitting in his own time off around the above.
- Service aircraft fleet
- Conduct hangar and major maintenance
- Assist in maintaining stores and parts
- Maintain quality and safety standards
- Professionally qualified engineer
- SA CAA license
- Type rated on Cessna 208 and PT6A-114A engine
- Avionics license
- Minimum 4+ years experience in hangar / line maintenance
- Maintenance of tools and ground equipment
- Experience in working remote field satellite stations in Africa.
- Experience with Engine trend monitoring
- Ability to prioritize and handle pressure
- Attentive to detail
- In good all round health
- Physically capable of performing aircraft maintenance tasks
If you would like to apply for this position please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Cessna 208 Aircraft Engineer (Field Engineer)” in the subject line by no later than 30 March 2019.
Should you not be contacted by us for an interview within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.